We offer in-depth knowledge and expertise on specialized eCommerce solutions that support emerging B2B and B2C services, and new digital supply chains. Novitek has developed a complete in-house agri-food e-commerce platform. The food e-commerce is currently a rapidly growing market segment. The main challenges relates to dealing with additional requirements for perishable food items in terms of storage and transport and in terms of food safety and hygienic standards.
Integrated Marketing system for post-harvest, e-retail, processed and related resources
We offer specialized eCommerce solutions that support emerging B2B and B2C services, and new digital supply chains which can be found here: CALIS online platform for marketability of agribusiness production, products, data and resources.
Our eCommerce Marketplace Platform is an integrated service point, hub, and marketplace for monitoring, controlling, and marketing Agribusiness products, services, data, and resources. It serves as a communication tool for market-related services, such as supply and/or demand, which can impact domestic and/or international prices of inputs and/or outputs.
The platform enables outreach to stakeholders and maximizes information dissemination while minimizing service costs. We deliver a seamless B2C and B2B commerce platform that connects services, marketing, and sales.
Novitek led the European Eurostars-Eureka CALIS project as its coordinator, and that the project extended its innovative agricultural e-commerce and supply chain systems to both Europe and Africa. By bypassing traditional intermediaries and retail, the CALIS products and services created dynamic value chains, facilitating direct sales between businesses (B2B) and from businesses to consumers (B2C) services.
This expansion to especially Africa brings significant opportunities for the agricultural sector in the region, potentially improving trade, access to markets, and overall efficiency in the supply chain. By leveraging advanced technologies and integrated systems, CALIS is contributing to transformation and modernization of the agricultural industry in both continents, by promoting sustainable practices and adapting to consumer needs while reducing costs and time.
The success of these new supply chain models relies heavily on the integration of various technologies including eCommerce platforms, data-driven analytics, process automation, connected Internet of Things (IoT) devices, materials and production systems, as well as improved transport and logistics models. This integration helps ensure that the last mile in food e-commerce becomes sustainable and adaptable to consumer needs while considering the economic reality.
The eCommerce is based on the CALIS platform, and it provides several essential features to support the agricultural industry:
- Standards for 3rd party developers: By providing standards, the platform encourages the development of innovative agricultural products and services by third-party developers. This fosters collaboration and diversity in the solutions offered.
- Access to agricultural marketing information and resources: CALIS allows users to access marketing information and resources across national borders. This facilitates cross-border trade and enables better decision-making based on market insights.
- European-wide professional networking: The platform serves as a tool for professionals in the agricultural industry to network across Europe. It promotes the sharing of experiences, best practices, and communication with various stakeholders such as staff, suppliers, retailers, consultants, and customers.
- Real-time guidance and automatic tracking: CALIS aims to improve real-time guidance for agricultural processes and activities. It also enables automatic tracking of these processes and activities, enhancing efficiency and control.
- Traceability of agricultural products: The platform supports the tracing of agricultural products from their origin (“cradle”) to their final destination (“grave”). This traceability enhances transparency, quality control, and food safety.
Our overall CALIS integrated system have been designed to interact with various field equipment and systems, including networks connected to both stationary and mobile devices such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), personal computers (PCs), and Human-Machine Interfaces (HMIs). Furthermore, the platform ensures accessibility through hand-held/mobile devices such as smartphones, making it convenient for users to access and utilize the system while on the move.